We invited over 100 organisations to provide feedback on our Striking at the Source petition requests where we are asking the NZ Government to:
- Allocate funding towards the use and development of animal-free methods.
- Commit to phasing out the requirements for animal testing in NZ law.
- Commit to phasing out the use of animals for science as technology permits.
Organisations such as ANZCCART, Universities NZ (representing all 8 universities in NZ), AgResearch (their animal ethics committee parents approx. 34% of all institutes using animals for research, testing and teaching in NZ), the Cawthron Institute (New Zealand’s largest independent science organisation) and many more, provided feedback, where possible.
The most important part is the consensus of the feedback we received - there is a genuine, shared desire to see progress in these 3 areas — find out more via the table below. Having trouble viewing the table? View a larger version here.
View a larger version of this feedback table here.
- Read what we are doing to strengthen NZ law.
- Find out what we are doing to change funding priorities in NZ.
- Find out what we are doing to make replacing the use of animals in science wherever possible, a goal for NZ.
- Return to the main Striking at the Source page.